Saturday, November 23, 2019

Thank you to all who have helped me stay up to date with the countdown

I truly appreciate everyone giving me a hand in getting the posts done that announce the countdowns and the midweek.

For the last 6 weeks, my boss and I have been preparing for Black Friday inserts that go in our papers. She sells them, and I coordinate the insertions and the zip codes they all go to. She sold over 1,886,000  inserts. I have been working to keep all of them straight and in the right 15 papers and zones. We have at least 5 zones for each paper, and one has 12 zones. We went down to the warehouse on Wednesday and watched them all go into the sorting machines and then stuffed into their insert jacket. I don't know how they do it, but it works almost flawlessly. It's freaking amazing!

It's been all I could do to keep it all straight and has left me exhausted when I come home at night, so my online time and email responses have been limited. Now that it is over, I will have more time. :)

Again, thank you all so much for your help and additional promotions.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to help, Julie. Knew you were super busy. We're so happy you're hosting the Countdown again, despite everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do anything to help, but I did cheer on Catherine. Yay, Catherine! :) (Despite her posting the Countdown notice, I didn't connect the dots and realize you were in such a tight spot. Sincerely sorry about that!)

    Happy Thanksgiving! (When you will only have to stuff a turkey and deal with yummy inserts.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a super woman Julie!! Thank you so much for all your efforts in doing this for us every year! Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you and Catherine are such super women! I appreciate you tirelessly doing the Countdown every year as I know you are preparing well in advance just to be able to get it done. And Catherine I appreciate you jumping in as a personal assistant when needed. Thank you both so much for everything you do.

    Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

    ReplyDelete