Saturday, September 14, 2019

Hurricane Dorian Bahamas Assistance

For those of you who do not know, I work for a publishing media group that has 15 weekly community papers, and part of our mission is to reach out to our communities and only print local news. With the destruction of the Bahamas, we have teamed up with a local (as in right down the street from my office) group called Missionary Flights International.

ETA: They have a PDF of the items they can take. Here is the link. It will download a PDF file.

This group is taking donations over to the islands and in need of money and physical items. If you want to stop by the office and see me :) here is our address, as well as the story about the storm recovery efforts.

I would appreciate it if people would help me get this word around the world by sharing this story.

Thanks so much from me and the whirlwind of dirt that is Harry.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Julie. Have shared it all around. FYI, where it says "Please click here for a list of items needed," I don't see a clickable link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I have updated the post to include the link to the PDF file of things they can take. I don't know what happened to the links on their page, but it looks like they have updated it since they stopped taking clothing and water. Lots of tarps and tents are needed, as well as solar powered items like lights and chargers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late to the party here ... Will do some sharing, Julie! Treats to the pup from the kitty!

    ReplyDelete