Saturday, January 5, 2019

January Inspiration :: Color of the Year 2019




Hi, all. I subscribe to an interesting blog called Earrings Everyday.  Once a day I receive an email with one or more earrings designs from hosts of the blog.  Have gotten some really good ideas!  Anyway, I wanted to share a link to today's post because it deals with the Pantone Color of the year, Living Coral,  and shares five color palettes, like the Shimmering Sunset one below, and five color harmonies.  If you are always looking for color combination inspirations, check out the post.  And maybe subscribe to the blog.

Here's the link:  http://bit.ly/2VvLvG9


8 comments:

  1. Very interesting read Catherine. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Catherine, for sharing the January inspiration color of the year 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for posting this. It's always fun to see colors from a different perspective, and while I never follow Pantone (simply because I am not organized enough to do that), I do enjoy seeing the colors that they present. I usually see some combination that sparks an idea. My favorite book is Color Index by Jim Krause. It has some awesome combinations that I have used in designs. https://amzn.to/2Vsl6cp I did all of my Earth Series earrings from these pages as I matched my chalks to the colors. I am working in coral now for a few new pieces, so I will use the new Pantone to get some contrasting colors and add some "snap" to them. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete